Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Thoughts on Sound

Well, several weeks of playing with podcasts and various audio programs have left me hiding in a corner. Actually, it's just been a series of frustrations - nothing works, then you get the first part to work, get all excited, and then the second part doesn't work. Try again, and parts one and two work, all excited, and part three doesn't work. Sigh. But what I have been able to do with it is interesting and shows promise. The telephone recording was the easiest and worked with the least amount of problems. The rest will require more practice, although I was able to hear my sound bites. I do think they will have some promise as items to incorporate into my first-year online courses - I just have a feeling that students, especially newer students, might feel more comfortable hearing some instructions as opposed to just reading them. I'll have to see...

I listened to the podcasts of several classmates, and found them very interesting. They ranged from simple tests to longer, more complex "lecture"-type presentations from folks who obviously understood things better than I did! In particular, I enjoyed John Rausch's presentation of the one-word icebreaker. It gave me an idea of how I could adapt that to an online class. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment